Monday, February 07, 2005

Rastenio Birthday

This weekend I went down to Vilnius just for a day and a night to celebrate the birthday of my buddy, Rastenis, a.k.a. Begedis, a couple other "B-words," Homo, and Angelas. He's a great guy, a totally shameless individual who will indicate this characterstic to anyone within five minutes of meeting him.

It was actually in Trakai that we celebrated, in a rented house in the woods next to a lake with a sauna. I drove out with Gedas and Juste, and we gave him his present, a t-shirt i had had made with Rastenio catch phrase on it: "I can suck my own dick." The first time he tried to convince me of this, he ended up saying the line that was lower, in small letter, in parentheses: "(I may be a liar, but I'll smash this bottle over your head, and you won't be alive anymore!)" He immediately put it on and wore it for the rest of the night.

Alot of the guys from Palanga Weekend in October were there, Joncikas, Zygis, and Plikusas, and we drank many shots together. Soon enough, Rastenis was sloppy, and Gedas started having some kind of wrestling match with him, more or less just not letting him leave one corner of the room. He was only wearing shorts, so I went over and pantsed him. He's still trying to break free from Gedo grasp, but now with his pimpuliukas waving in the breeze for thirty people to glance at (this is not unusual). Finally he freed himself, and collapsed on the floor, struggling to stand and pull his shorts up at the same time, utterly failing in both. His girlfriend Neringa, always helpful to the handicapped, had to come help him to his feet and pull his shorts up.

Later was sauna time. Somebody said it was only 95 degrees (203 farenheit), but it totally felt hotter to me. And then water was dumped on, and it wasn't easy to stick it out for fifteen minutes. Afterwards I was in the cold shower, as is traditional, and Joncikas comes in. "What are you doing, " he says, "you call this cold?! next time we're jumping into the lake!!!" I agreed wholeheartedly, not realizing the lake was covered with ice so thick people were icefishing. The next time came a little later, after Kristina had arrived. Joncikas and I returned to the sauna and sat in that steamy room till we were sweating balls. Then we ran outside, down the yard, down the dock, and jumped into a decent size hole Joncikas had bashed though the ice earlier. It was so cold we both started screaming as soon as our heads emerged, so loud that people thought we were dying. It was awesome!!!!!

Then we ran back into the sauna and even in there I felt cold for a while.

Happy Birthday again, Rasteni, and thanks for a great party.

No comments:

This is my counter: