Monday, January 24, 2005

The Best Birthday I Can Remember

Friday night we pregamed at our place, as usual, with Saidas. We played poker. Cedric and I drank vodka tonics, which Saidas drank three bottles of Muskatel Champage by himself. I cheered him on, but Cedric was totally grossed out.

While Saidas was in the john I delt him four sixes and myself a royal flush. He was so disappointed. But he was in such disbelief at such a good hand that he wasn't surprised when I came clean; he would have lost several lits.

We went to Memelis and they were gay. Several free tables, all either reserved or without chairs. So we went accros the street to Juodojo Katino Smukle (Black Cat's Tavern). It's a good place, with excellent food, good music from the past four years, and a discount if you buy ten vodkas at a time. We cheered to many unworthy things, including vodka itself...

Saidas: "nu, uz ka dabar geriam?" (So, what shall we drink for now?)
Aras: "Degtine!" (Vodka!)

Next we went to Honolulu. I didn't want to, but Saidas said this ugly girl he nailed last weekend was gonna be there, so I had to see that! She wasn't ugly ugly, but it was worth it. Cedric and I danced for a while but then went upstairs and sat on the stairs and had a conversation that I suppose constitutes male bonding.

Saturday was hectic. I had to go to Maxima, do three loads of laundry, iron them, clean my room, clean myself, and go meet Kristina at the bus station by 5pm. I was only a few minutes late. We had a little brandy and went out to dinner at Juodojo Katino Smukle. I ate a delicious pepper steak, which is the only thing I've ever gotten there, but it's so good I can't try anything else. It was better than her pork chops. Also excellent there is the Cooked Bread with Cheese and Mayonaise Sauce.

We walked to the movie theater in a snow storm. It was fun. She was gorgeous with snow flakes on her face. We saw After the sunset, which turned out to be perfectly cromulent. Its a funny set up for a movie, the good guy and the bad guy becoming such good friends. And Selma Hayak is a hottie. And she talk good too.

Then we went to Kurpiai, the Jazz Bar. They still had a band going, and we danced a few songs despite it being so crowded that I was just getting pissed of at everybody and their bloody elbows. We would have met my friends, but they were not even in town yet, so we went home. My bed is riduculously small, even for me alone, but we managed to sleep for a couple hours at least. Before we fell asleep, however, Cedric managed to come home and barf.

Meanwhile, while we were all sleeping, the ribs were marinating.

Sunday we woke up drearily, ate deliciously, drank some wine while Kristina did her make up, and were off to the dolphinarium. There was also beer on the way, beer there, beer on the way back, and photo oppertunities included the dolphin show, walruse show, and afterward we walked through a snowy forest to the beach of the Baltic Sea. I'll post pictures soon.

Then to Sinbad's Oasis, where we had another beer and Cedric and I smoked a Hookah. It's a very neat place, without chairs, only padded low benches along the walls. At the end Cedric said "Hey man, it's your birthday; I'll give her a nice tip!"

After Iki on the way home he said "Hey man, it's your birthday; gimme a cigarette!"

Delicious ribs and fries and salad and bread with French cheeses. And another night with Kristina; this time we managed to sleep more; although my snoring still bothered her for some reason.

Now she's back to Vilnius, and I'm back to work, and it looks like I got several birthday emails, want me to read them outloud? OK, here we go...

3 comments:

Liepa said...

:D becca's bday is friday, so i'm gonna throw i huge party thursdasy!!!

kristina who? do i know her?

i wanna come visit!!!

Aras said...

you don't know her; you knows nobody! my only friends who know her are the four vilnieciai and the bloody frenchman.

owner said...

happy birfday

This is my counter: