Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What's my IQ, I wonder.

Rachel's blog led me to this one IQ test, on which I scored a measly 117. Disappointed, I tried to find a more reliable one using the most reliable advisor I have, google. I took the test on the number one hit (non-sponsored), which scored me a whopping 144, one point short of "Genius (Less than 1% of test takers)." Well, I'm sure I did do extremely well on the test, I was certain or nearly certain across the board. But if it scores me that high, maybe it was too easy.

How can I actually find out online? And don't suggest anything that takes more than 15 minutes, I don't wanna know that bad.

Oh, and by the way, I tried this other one, and to make sure it would really give me my score for free I clicked finished without answering any questions at all, and I scored a 51. How's that? You get the first 51 points for being alive, is that how it works? My cat's got enough sense to do that, is that her IQ? Here's the stats:

Your age adjusted IQ score is 51 and the average score is 100.

Your Grade: Low

Total number of questions: 30
Questions answered: 0
Questions not answered: 30
Questions answered correctly: 0
Questions answered incorrectly: 30
Percentage correct answers: 0%

8 comments:

Jim Gust said...

It's possible that the 51 points is the result of having only 30 questions, to get fewer points you would need to get, say, 50 questions wrong.

On the other hand, I wonder about the agenda behind internet-based IQ tests. It's in the interest of the offerer, most likely, for you to score high and thus want to do more business with the offerer.

Jim Gust said...

BTW, the SAT test results are an excellent proxy for IQ, and you already know that number.

Aras said...

Yeah, I ROCKED the SATs! But not as much as my parents...or Lokys or Liepa...can I take the SATs again, online, in 15 minutes or less?? Maybe I'll do better, with ten more years of partying and a concussion under my belt!

Liepa said...

when did you get a cat?!?

Aras said...

i was talking about Fatty, liepa

Liepa said...

oh... she's a good one. i wish i had a pet at college!

Trashcan said...

I also got a 117 on that exam, which is by far the lowest i've ever gotten on an IQ exam. i wonder if we answered the exact same questions correctly, and got the same ones wrong.

a few years ago i took a bunch of them, some better than others but consistently scored in the 140s. The true false kind are the most deceptive, i think i got up to 160 something on a true false, or something like that, which is obviously much to high, but i believe 140s is legitimate, plus i think that matches up roughly with my SAT scores

Aras said...

i took the 117 test again and got 127. Oddly, I seemed to catch onto my mistakes the first time quite quickly. My special lady took it and got an even higher score.

This is my counter: