Friday, May 25, 2007

The Year's First BBQ

Is it still a BBQ if there was no BBQ sauce? Cause there wasn't. There were two types of grill marinated pork and pork sausages, half a potato size french fries, guacamole bean dip and vegetable for dipping. And five million mosquitoes. Here's the best part: Egle and Mindaugas show up, and I have to greet them thus "Mindaugai help! I can't find the grill!!!"

Here's Rastenio idea for my bachelor party: march me naked through the streets of Vilnius wearing only a 9-speed...something...and videotape me being forced to pick up women.

7 comments:

Jim Gust said...

I hate to be the one to tell you, but there is no bachelor party. None of your ancestors ever had one, and it's too late for starting new traditions.

Aras said...

that's not actually up to me; in lithuania, either the bestmen throws you one or he doesn't. i don't expect one, but it could be a surprise.

Jim Gust said...

it would be rather strange to have a bachelor party after not having lived as a bachelor for nearly a year, no?

Aras said...

i have to assume not, since these days nobody besides teenagers gets married without having abandoned bachlorhood a year or more before the wedding.

on the other hand, in the eyes of the church i'm not only still a bachelor, i'm also living in sin, which would make a bachelor party extremely appropriate.

but like i said i no longer have any locally based bestmen, so it probably won't happen. unless my best men fly in, go to a nudey bar without me and all say a toast in my honor.

Trashcan said...

I just realized we never had a wedding for the cat and the dog. They've been living in sin.

Liepa said...

what about mergvakaris?

mrdarius said...

you know what happens when you assume, you make an ass out of you and a horse...and worst of all, the vodka remains sour!

This is my counter: