Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Happy Anniversary

I'd like to wish a happy anniversary to my life partner, my boots. We met exactly ten years ago in December of 1997. I bought them for the (now) low low price of 140 Douche Marks, though it seemed expensive to me at the age of 16, and they certainly weren't the cheapest. We've been through thick and thin together, ten winters and much work in muddy muck and slushy snow. In all that time I've only had to change the laces three times, have the soles reglued twice, and have parts of the lether repaired once. I love my boots.

3 comments:

mrdarius said...

can we get a photo?

Trashcan said...

I have some t-shirts that are 10+ years old, but i don't think i have any other clothing that is nearly that old. Possibly an old coat that i don't wear anymore. Also both of my old t-shirts, the lithuanian one, and the tic-tac-toe one i tend to wear only on special occasions cause they are not in the bestest condition.

Aras said...

i have my tshirt from john lyman graduation (17 years ago) with all my classmates' signatures, including jonathan bristol and colleen smith. i too wear it only on special occasions, since it's a size small and i'd tear it to shreds if i wore it for more than 15 minutes. actually, i probably couldn't even squeeze in anymore, last time i wore it was before leaving in 2004.

i also have my mr. perfect tshirt from 6th grade, which fits me much better. it too, though, is for special occasions.

i have some green pants from my frist year of highschool, 12 years ago, and my pirate skull cap from that disney cruise, ten years ago?

good times...

This is my counter: