Sunday, June 11, 2006

Class on Sunday

Sometimes if you're a correspondence student (not sure if that's the proper term, actually) and you only have class for two or three two-or-three week periods per year, you have to have class all day Saturday and half a day Sunday. Luckily church doesn't start till six p.s. here.

The professor today is my master's paper advisor/sponsor/councelor, and during the break a couple other students and I had coffee with her and she mentions, "Yeah Aras has a great topic for his master's discertation, of which I have yet to see page one...you think that might happen any time soon, or what's the deal with that?"

"Ah...yeah...maybe this summer I'll get something done on that...I hope..."

The upside is you go to Chili Kaimas in the nice weather for free wireless, and the cute waitress remembers you obviously because you're so ridiculously good looking, and just starts greeting you with "Laba diena, Kalnapilio dideli? ;)"

Also, when you sit outside, you can smell, just for a moment once in a while before it passes, delicious Popeye's Fried Chicken...oh man, that's one thing I miss about the states is the quality (fast) food...in Klaipeda it's Kebabs and that's it, and the Kebabs fuckin suck except for one or arguably two places. I mean there's a McDonald's but no self respecting American expat could go there except totally wasted (I haven't even been there after almost two years here).

3 comments:

Jim Gust said...

I believe that she really said "dissertation."

Aras said...

microwaved pizza--yuck! cold pizza is way better, all men know that. and somehow most woman are so averse to it that you have to wrestle it out of their hands to keep it out of the microwave!

Aras said...

if i'm not mistaken, i think i gave it to lokys for christmas a few years ago. i'll let you know if that's the case, cause then i can just borrow it from him. if not i'd love a copy!

This is my counter: