Monday, November 06, 2006

Güten Morgan, Ah Ha Ha!

This morning is my last non hectic morning for four months, because tomorrow I begin my second job, 8 a.m. sharp at a very out of the way place unreachable by public transport. So, my special lady and I decided to go to work together. That was after she woke up with some kind of virus and I made my oatmeal with too little milk, so it was all dry. :(

We went to the day care drop off together, and were met with the next piece of bad news: since miss special baby got better and started attending again on november third, we get refunded for the 10 days she missed next month, not this month. :(

We catch a micro bus. It's a small bus that's faster than a regular bus and runs the same route, and it's about 50% more expensive in Klaipeda. Though the fasterness is questionable during rush hour. You stop the bus to get in by waving to him, and you stop it to get out by telling the driver where to stop. About half way to work I remember that I forgot to bring Billy Budd the movie, based on the book by Herman Melville. My students are preped for watching it, so I can't not show it to them today, especially since I'm not prepared for any other material today. So ends the romantic ride to work together: "Stop at the traffic light please!" But he can's stop before it, cause it's a right turn only lane and we have to go straight... :(

When we ride together, I hold the tickets, because my special lady gets off earlier than I. In my haste I forgot I had them and took them with me, so she had to buy a second ticket, lest the ticket-comptoller board the bus and check everyone. :(

I take another micro back, and as I'm walking to our place I slip on the ice and fall on my ass...fuck! :(

I get the movie and go back to the bus stop, and now sleet is coming down from the sky into my eyes and ears. (I would have been at work before it began if I hadn't forgotten the movie) :(

I get on the bus and the only free seats are at the back. I wonder why several people are standing rather than sitting down there. I sit down and find out: the plastic seats with no coverings are very cold, so cold that they freeze my genitals. I remain seated, figuring the seat will warm up after a few minutes. When it didn't after fifteen minutes I had to switch to a now vacant covered seat. :(

In my new warm seat I began day dreaming about something, probably some paranoid delusion. I was dreaming so deeply that I forgot I was on a normal bus, not a micro bus, and when I saw my work place nearing, I shouted, "Stop at the crosswalk please!" Everybody looked at me and giggled, which was embarrasing, but not that bad. Then the bus driver gets on the intercom, though, and says, "Would the ugly dunce in seat 8A please shut up?" I looked down at my seat and saw that it was 8A...The look of indignation on my face confirmed what all the other passangers suspected, that I was in deed the dunce the driver refered to. As their giggles turned to snickers and obsenities, with pointing, my indignation turned to fury. I ran up to the front of the bus and decked the driver in the back of the head and yanked up the hand break. I kicked the door open and ran out. My knuckles were bloody, maybe broken. :(

I ran to the crosswalk and crossed it, while the bus had just begun moving, there was plenty of time to cross the street. But I slipped on the ice again! I fell flat on my ass, and I didn't manage to get up in time, so the angry driver ran me over, and I died. :(

Luckily, I'd picked up a free guy at breakfast by grinding my own flaxseed, so I was able to start again at the crosswalk. After that I walked to work with no further anxiety. :)

5 comments:

special lady said...

LOL!
gera istorija...
skaitau ir galvoju :"vaje, kiek pas Ara liudnu dalyku siryt...ir kodel jis man nieko nepapasakojo???"
perskaicius iki galo supratau kodel ;)

Trashcan said...

i'm confused. so the cops knew internal afairs was setting them up the whole time?

so was the entire post a fantasy, or just the part after you started daydreaming?

Aras said...

just the part after i started day dreaming...all the other tragic events of that post are true. :(

one part at the end is true: i have begun grinding my own flaxseed.

Liepa said...

i thought flax seed was for adding healthy fat to your diet. why do you grind it? don't you like crunch?

also, you are the most ridiculous person in the world.

Aras said...

i grind it because that's what my new food/health bible says to do. the first time i didn't grind them thoroughly, and some whole ones showed up. you call that crunch? they're like pebbles!

rachel, flaxseed has a plethora of benefit for nutrition, i've learned recently.

This is my counter: