Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Spoiler Warning--and I'm not talking about a device for changing the airflow past a moving vehicle, often having the form of a transverse fin or blade

Hey American Beauty, good movie, huh? I saw it for the first time last night. I tend to admire the people in movies who should be bad examples, I admired Kevin Spacey and Mena Suvari, and sort of Peter Gallagher. I especially liked when Spacey smashed the asparagus dish on the wall because his wife interrupted him, but I was glad my special lady didn't notice how much I enjoyed that. I was sad he got killed and wished to know how everything ended, maybe I should read the book.

One thing I don't completely get, even after talking to Liepa, is the gaytastic kiss, then Chris Cooper shoots Spacey. I thought, okay, he killed Spacey cause he paid Wes Bentley—his son—to give him blowjobs. Fair enough, but why'd he have to kiss him first? I thought, at the moment, what, is he testing to see if Bentley was telling him the truth? But then it can't be that, cause then he wouldn't have killed him when he finds out Spacey is not gay. Liepa said it's cause Cooper is gay, he's just always hated himself for being gay. But so then why did he kill him? Anger at being rejected? That doesn't seem quite right.

While trying to find a quick answer to this question, I found this ridiculous site: ChildCare Action Project: Christian Analysis of American Culture (CAP).

3 comments:

mrdarius said...

i hated that movie. the most foul of the foul words worked its way into the script along with the three/four letter word vocabulary.

I hope to not sit through trash like this again. I will not describe it any further.

that cap website is amazing, by the way. a great way to find the most vulgar films out there.

Aras said...

it took me a few minutes to find, so here it is: http://www.capalert.com/capreports/

they got over a thousand movies there, and i'd like to own them all.

Aras said...

except for the ones with the crappiest actor of all times, tom hanks.

This is my counter: