Monday, October 18, 2004

Palanga in October

Friday at work Rastenis called me up and said "pack your bags, we're going to Palanga!"

Palanga is a beach town, extremely crowded (in a good way) by young people throughout the summer, especially in July, with old people coming at the beginning and end of summer. It has gorgeous beaches, old fashioned streets (except for Basinaviciaus, now ruined by florescent yellow lamps), and 95% of the building look like they're two hundred years old.

Now it's cold, so almost nobody goes to the beach. Palanga still has visitors, but they go there mostly to relax, get away from the city, hit the saunas, or drink yourself retarded...

Friday night was too stupid to talk about...

Saturday night was ridiculously amazing. After walking around the town and beaches with Cedric, and then with Rastenis, we all took naps. I got up at 4:40 with a hottie singing sexy songs into my ear, a mate's girlfriend... I went to church (nobody believed me), and on my way back met Neringa and Rastenis on their way to a bar, told them I would catch up. Back at the house the rest of the crew was all drunk already. Shower, shave, shots with them, and I'm off to meet those two and then to drink on the beach--both they and I had brought a bottle of vodka for the occasion.

Coincidentally, Juste, Simona, and Lina were up in Palanga too, so they joined us. Drinking on the beach, and then all to a club--Fortas.

Here comes the ridiculousness:

Contest. Don't know what's going on. Four teams of six, including me, get on the dance floor and they tell us to make a rope out of our clothing. so we all start stripping, me down to my boxers, tying everything together. Our team's rope included to bras. The DJ says, "okay, now everybody who is approaching nudity get on stage." I comply without question. There are about twenty of us, have naked as I, half still with pants. Then the DJ says, "dance contest!" Music begins, and we all start dancing. I noticed that the few friends of mine up there and I were all inching towards the front of the stage. The music stopped, and the winners were, third place, a stranger, second place, a friend of mine, Zygis, and first place, a drunk, topless, still slightly chubby American--this guy. A free pass to Zemaityjos Movie Theater.

After another half hour of drinking and dancing, there was another contest. Simona didn't want to join me because of stage fright, so, acting as her psychologist-dictator, I carried her up onto the stage with me. There were eight people up there, and this time it was not a group effort, but individual performances. Each person had to put clogs onto his feet and hands, they played a song, you starting dancing and tapping out the beat, music stops, you keep going for a minute. Simona and I agreed that we would go up together, but when I told the DJ this, he just shoved her up front alone and told everybody to give the shy girl a big round of applause. She did quite well, and told me afterwards that she did, indeed, have fun. Then it was I, last, the glorious rock star I believed myself to be, now wearing cargo khakis and a wife beater, strutting my indisputably marvelous stuff. Second place goes to, a female stranger, and first place, guess who...me. The DJ says in Lithuanian, through a slightly staticky mic, "but if you're a real gentleman, you'll give the ticket to this lovely runner up." Too drunk to understand his Lugan through the mic, I bowed to the crowd and put it in my pocket, laughing all the while.

More dancing, more drinking, another contest. This time it's with a partner, so Rastenis and I go up. Here it is: one guy on one side of the stage holding his pants (and underwear) open to form a basketball hoop, and the otherguy on the otherside tossing ice cubes in. Rastenis, being an excellent basketball player, tossed, while I held my junk open to frozen bombardment. Needless to say, we won with 6/6 shots, and this time we got a gift certificate for 100 lits to a stereo equipment store in Kaunas.

The last one was only for girls. Neringa went up, and as soon as we heard what they had to do, we had to hold Rastenis back: the girls each had to do an erotic dance for a potential employer, in order to get the job. As each girl came out and started dancing, the crowd starting screaming "Nusirenk! Nusirenk! Nusirenk! (Take it off! Take it off! Take it off!)!" Half the girls got down to their bras, and Neringa totally won, with the most cheering, especially from me ;), and the sexiest dancing by far. Then they played another song for her, but she didn't want to dance for the crowd, so drunken Dalia went up to dance with her, the drunken Joncikas went up to dance with Dalia, and we started yelling "Nusirenk! Nusirenk! Nusirenk! (Take it off! Take it off! Take it off!)" to both of them. Dalia wouldn't do anything but show us here lovely, intricately pierced belly button, but Joncikas, to everybody's tremendous amusement, stripped down to his boxers and then, pressed up facing the back wall, lowered them as well.

So I was 3/3 on the contests, and Neringa won the last one. It was, by far, one of the most unbelievable things that ever happened to me.

I LOVE PALANGA!!!

3 comments:

owner said...

As tikiuosiu kad tavo studentai neskaito si bloga :)

mrdarius said...

man, drinking is so cool. if i ever "dropped" drinking like sarunas, i would probably be really bored. especially on weeknights and weekend nights, and from early weekend afternoons until early weekend and weekday mornings. but i did quit smoking when i'm not drinking. i've kept to my promises to myself, but needless to say, during my last week in vilnius, the only times i wasn't smoking was when i was asleep.

Trashcan said...

Unbelievable? Believe it. Ripley's believe it or not.

This is my counter: