Thursday, April 28, 2005

Cuss Words

Cedric had been traveling around with some friends from France, and they made it back to Klaipeda. After spending a few hours with me they asked Cedric if I was a big Big Lebowski fan. How did they know? "Cause he constantly uses the word 'fuck,' especially the phrase 'the fuck?'"

Cowboy: "Do you have to use so many cuss words?"
The Dude: "The fuck you talkin about?"

I think I might have gotten into this habit so easily because most of my coworkers (and any that are old enough to care) don't speak English. I have two middle aged female coworkers sitting in my office with me, yet it is not the least bit offensive to anyone if I quitely say to my computer "what the fuck? fuck you, you mother fucking cock sucking piece of shit."

2 comments:

Rachel Croucher said...

I remember the night you showed me The Big Lebowski out at your joint in didzioji riese, you prepared the scene like it was childbirth or something... I wasn't allowed to hit the play button until I had a white russian in my hand, and refills were thereby

i finally learnt from one of the bowling alley scenes what shooting the shit meant!

wicked, wicked movie

mrdarius said...

i remember living with aras in boston, where at one point we watched the big lebowski every night for a few months in a row. every night when i came home from work he and shaun'd be halfway through lebowski or watching simpsons, family guy or daily show.

This is my counter: