Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Usually, no, whatever, I was gonna write about what I had for dinner, but then I realized all I do anymore ir write about food, so forget it.

Instead I'll write about drink. In Lithuania, we drink kefir, or kefyras. I'll tell you why that's funny after you read this Onion article.

Read it? Well, I'll explain what kefir is now then. It's chunky sour milk. It's milk, it's sour, and it's the consistency of drinkable yoghurt, with big old chunks! Is it good? Yeah, it's ok from time to time, especially with Cepelinai. Why do I drink it every day? It's wicked healthy: if you drink five liters of it daily, you can eat all the red meat you want and it won't raise your cholosterol or blood pressure.

3 comments:

Jim Gust said...

"Cream-O-Land Dairy" -- that's perfect. Also love the "old timey flavor." Clearly I don't read the Onion with enough regularity.

I couldn't drink that stuff, though.

Trashcan said...

If i drank 5 liters of kefyras i could eat anything i wanted because i would shit it out 10 minutes after eating, along with my intestines, my liver and probably my lungs.

Aras said...

loky, that sounds like a dare!

This is my counter: