Friday, January 04, 2008

$90 for a book?!

My father had the tremendous wisdom to know that I would love nothing more for Christmas than to get as a gift all the episodes of The State. I don't remember praising the show as much as loving it on the inside of my head, so, I was excited when he checked to make sure I'd really appreciate it. A month later, I was devastated when he told me it was not going to be for sale, contrary to previous advertisements, MTV had sued somebody for some kind of rights or something, and the issue was not yet resolved. So, now, I thought, my birthday is about a month past Christmas, so maybe the dispute has been resolved, and I should inform my father that he can now get me the gift that will be so good it just might make me ignore the rest of my life until I finish watching it ten billion times in a row. so I put it in Amazon, I’m looking for it, and last but not least, I thought I had it, but instead this book pops up, for ninety fuckin dollars! WTF???

3 comments:

Jim Gust said...

It's out of print. Hey, maybe you already own a bunch of very valuable books!

Aras said...

I didn't want to buy it.

I though I owned a very valuable copy of anthem, but then I noticed that only the first editions are valuable, and mine was a 12th edition.

Trashcan said...

man i wish my text books had only cost 90 dollars. That would have been awesome.

This is my counter: