Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Galas, who the fuck is Galas?

At first, when Living Next Door to Alice came on the radio in Lithuanian, quietly cause it's at work, I couldn't really hear the words, but I sang along the "Alice, who the fuck is Alice" part anyway. When my colleagues, and one student who was with the dean's secretary, looked at me funny, I thought I'd better listen up...turns out in the Lithuanian version, they don't sing about Alice at all, but rather Galas, mano meiles galas... (End, the end of my love) Much More Fun in English!

2 comments:

Trashcan said...

Man, that's stupid. Why do people always feel the need to change around names. Why can't the song be in lithuanian and then just use an english name. That's stupid

Aras said...

Galas of course is not a name at all, Loky; goofus, is one that comes to mind...

This is my counter: