Monday, January 14, 2008

I'd get a cat, but she'd probably eat more than the mice

I got these two mousetraps set, with cheese. However, the mice don't go for the cheese, they climb all the way to the stove top and eat the top off the whole leftover meatloaf I forgot to put in the fridge. (I tend to forget because the kitchen's freezing cold, so it barely makes a difference for freshness where things are left) Goddam! If I didn't have a kid, I'd just cut off the chewed part and eat it anyway. I don't think that's risk-free enough to put my special baby through. I'd get a cat to eat the mice, but I'm fairly certain she'd fill up on the meatloaf and have a fifty fifty shot of sleeping through the mouse pillage.

2 comments:

Trashcan said...

So if i'm understanding you correctly what you are saying is that in future instead of putting cheese in the traps as bait, you need to use meatloaf.

Think i can get that cheese before the anvil drops?
I don't know chief, it's a million to 1.
I like those odds.

Aras said...

i considered that, but it's too flimsy: you could pull it right off without triggering the booby trap. if the traps haven't been sprung by tonight i'll replace the cheese with chunks of bacon fat.

This is my counter: