Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Free Taxi? Seems like there's no end to my cleverness.

Monday evening my special lady was tired and didn't wanna go grocery shopping. I assumed she wouldn't want to wash dishes either, so I suggested pizza. Last time I brought pizza home it was not hot anymore, and the oven dries it out pretty quick, so after I ordered a large Hawaiian for the ladies and a spicy pizza for me (with added chicken, so I felt healthy) I asked them if they deliver:

So, do you guy, like deliver, to homes?
Yeah, for five lits on a one large order but two larges we deliver for free.
So, you could maybe deliver these pizzas, like to my house?
You want us to deliver these pizzas, like to your house?
Yeah, that'd be awesome.
Yeah, I guess we could do that.
Would they be delivered by car...?
Yeah...
Would it be possible for the delivery guy to give me a lift...?
Maybe, I'll ask the driver...

Then the driver came in and we had this conversation:

Hey you're the guy that wants a lift?
Yeah.
Well, it'll be five lits.
What?! The lady said you deliver two larges for free!
Yeah well we don't normally deliver people accompanying them. (normally a cab from there would cost 15 lits, so it still woulda been a good deal)
Well, I don't have five lits (I actually didn't cause of the ATM card problem I mentioned), so you take the pizzas, and I'll follow you by bus...
What?! Forget it, just come with me.


How cool is that??? Free ride and pizza still hot.

p.s. my special lady foolishly tasted my pizza before I tasted it to test the spiciness, which was impressive, and had to pound half a bambolis of my beer to cool down.

2 comments:

Trashcan said...

I don't think there's anyway a company in the US would let the driver give you a lift. Maybe if you somehow talked to the driver immediately, but the company would never put you in touch with him. Too many liability issues if you rob him/kill him. People in the US get sued over way stupider stuff.

They would probably also be afraid of setting a precedent, like maybe somebody would get a lift for free and then write about it on the internet and then their other customers might start asking for free lifts.

Aras said...

you're probably right.

This is my counter: