Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Twenty-one is too many

I don't remember the bike I had before my bike, but I wonder how many gears it had. My bike has 21, which I consider to be rather more than I need. I mean, I don't race and rarely go up hills and never mountains, since there are none in Lithuania. All I do is bike around for fun and exercise. Wouldn't six gears be enough? If not than nine, I think, for sure. I am however still very glad it's a mountain bike. I've seen guys with street bikes around Klaipeda, they have to stop and get off their bikes at every curb, since most curbs in this fuckin city are not angles for bikes, baby carriages, and handicapped people. So the street bikes, I guess, would dent their wheels if they plowed into the curbs, and sometimes you see handicapped people just wheeling down the street in traffic.

1 comment:

Jim Gust said...

When you were a kid in Durham, your bike had 21 gears also.

This is my counter: