Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Chicken Soup For The Stomach

I made this chicken soup from scratch Monday my mother recommended. It took like an hour, but I spent half the time reading Fail Safe, one of the books Darius lent me. It cost me about 12 lits or so. It'll probably last me four days, and all I have to do each time is heat it up and cook more noodles (10 minutes). Plus, I accidentally used krapai instead of petrazole, cause they were right next to each other in the store, and I didn't notice till afterwards (i never bought either fresh before). Plus, I accidentally added cinnamon, cause there was some spilled in my salt container, and I forgot to avoid it when taking my pinch of salt. Despite these accidental substitutions and additions, it was perfectly cromulent.

3 comments:

Liepa said...

yah, we have like 10 pounds of soup right now too. used up the 2 kgs. of saurkraut from turkey day, plus 2 kgs. of fresh cabbage, plus 2 packages smoked sausage, meat from 3 beef spareribs, bacon, onion, carrot, tomato, and plenty of broth. it really is over 10 pounds. really salty, but delicious with sour cream & bread!

mrdarius said...

those cabbages your aunt gave us were really tiny...i saw some in maxima the next day, and they were at least twice as large. that soup sounds very very tasty.

Liepa said...

yeah i know! they're midgets... a quarter of normal size. they;re from the garden, so i think it may be that she has to peel off 50 of the outer layers because they're frozen or bug eaten or rotten or something. or maybe they just didn't get very big. but yummy!

This is my counter: