Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving

Sabastian tells me that when he was in the States a few years ago, his host family asked him if Thanksgiving is celebrated in France.

Hmmm. Just woke up after the big orgy that is thanksgiving. Let's see...hmm...after a few business meetings, I met darius and vaiva, and then we met lokys too at Maxima. We bought the last things for the dinner, which was the vegetables and logs for the sauna stove. The grand total for food was 328.50 lits, which is about what we expected. I don't know what the booze bill came out too, cause it was sort of byob, but we spent 111. We've actually got plenty of leftovers.

The stuffing was wicked hard to make, cause who has a bowl big enough to mix six loaves worth of bread, 14 sausages, five onions, six celery stalks, and five cups of bullion? Not us. We had to use the tub from the sauna.

p.s. the turkey was 22lb. (10kg.)

It was intrestingly hectic, cause there was tons of stuff to do at like four, and after that nothng to do till seven (an hour before dinner), when it became hectic again till eight.

The dinner was awesome and plentiful, I overate enough to become a mess. My brother, Lokys, and Aidas both ate more than I, and at least Lokys and I weren't really hungry again for a couple days.

Then we finished watching The Big Lebowski which Kristina had never seen, and some best of SNLs. Then we played Alias, which is just like Password. Juste and I beat the pants off everybody, until we stopped playing to go to the sauna. It was a life saver, because I thereby got over my overeating grogginess. Afterward, Juste left but Vaiva woke up, so she took Juste's place on my team and we won again...then we watched Simpsons.

2 comments:

mrdarius said...

but in reality, you lost to me and Gedas very badly.

Aras said...

what reality were you watching?

This is my counter: