Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I made a gross of cookies

Over Thanksgiving break, after talking about my work with my mother, she recommended I bake cookies for my students to make sure they know my strictness doesn't mean I dislike them. I decided to take her advice.

I don't have chocolate chips, cause I gave them all to Juste and Neringa-Biz-Pak (they don't have them in Lithuania, so I brought them for the women I know, not thinking I might need them myself). So I had to find another types of cookie. It was not easy, actually. When I put "easy cookie recipe" into google without the terms brown-sugar (which I'd forgotten I have), chocolate-chip, fudge, and graham-cracker. I found a decent one in twnty minutes anyway:

CHOCOLATE COOKIES
1/2 C. vegetable oil
4 sq. unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 C. sugar4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together oil, melted chocolate, and sugar. Blend in one egg at a time. Add vanilla and dry ingredients. Chill about 1hr.. maybe a little longer.

Shape into balls about the size of walnuts and roll into powdered sugar, place on cookie sheet, but nut too close together because they spread out. Bake at 350 for 10-2 min. Makes about 6 doz.

I tripled the recipe, hoping for 210 cookies for 111 students and maybe a score of coworkers. Better more than less. Which turned out to be wise, since tripling six dozen only yielded one gross...?

Anyway, it was totally hard cause i had to replace vanilla with vanilla sugar and guess what "4 squares" equals, and the batter barely fit into our largest mixing bowl, and stiring it with a wisk got harder and harder . also, i had to increase the cooking time

fuck. i wanted to look up a work in the dictionary so i right clicked and chose translate to english for fun to see what would happen. what happened was all my progress since last save was deleted, and i'm too tired to rewrite it. therefore, the conclusion of this story will be available on in next month's newsletter. if you don't get it email me, and if you can't wait that long call me.

No comments:

This is my counter: