Monday, September 19, 2005

A Non-Eventful Week-End

This weekend was typical and not exciting with the following exceptions: I made pizza on saturday. It was with chicken and jalapenos, and to make it extra spicy, since I still have some blue cheese from lisa to temper the spiciness, I mixed choriso in with the sauce, which is like hot pepper paste, that comes in very small packages. I mixed in maybe a tablespoon, and this thing was suicidal. Oh, and I through in some hot pepper powder for good measure. I ate it (I'll finish it for dinner) but with plenty of water and/or beer.

Then I made Banana Bread. I make it whenever I have blackened bananas, blackened from sitting around for too long. It was okay but a little dry. So, today was Cake Day at KLK, cause I don't have a girlfriend, and what am I gonna do, eat it by myself? Saidas shocked me when he asked how soon I'd be in town saturday, how long I was going to eat cake for, and I was like "Eat cake?! WTF dude! I said I'm making cake, not eating cake!" Dry as it was, I impressed my colleagues heartily, because, as they said, "Dry? Who cares if it's dry! You're a man...and you cook food!"

Sunday I actually did something interesting, I went to this Lithuanian film festical thing, which was just playing at the regular theater. Here's how it works: wake up sunday feeling like craptacularity; go to the theater to see what's playing when (instead of checking a paper); buy a book (dr. jeckel and mr. hyde, by robert luis stevenson) to help bide your time (2 hours) with a beer (carlsburg); go to the movie (AXX).

It was 12 short movies, 9 or 10 of which were perfectly cromulent, and about three of which were fucking fantastic, two highlarious and one sad/touching. I highly recommend it.

Here's the worst part: only one out of my 34 students has seen it! WTF is their problem (besides being rather limited in their English skills)???

6 comments:

Aras said...

yes, wilma, i meant the "lithuanian film testicle thing," cause that makes so much sense...:p

and rachel, as soon as i wrote that word i knew you would comment on it.

Liepa said...

that film festival thing is playing at the lietuva theater all week here! i'm goin to prospekto for erasmus party tonight, and we have some trivia game thing tomorrow night, but maybe thursday. i think tongiht is japanese films... thursday might be french, i think? which kind were the ones you saw?

Aras said...

like i said you friggin goof, it was a lithuanian film festival...i also seen the french one, good too. the jap one was playing the same night, but two in a row was too much for me, i was tired. that's too bad, cause i have no idea what japanese comedy is like. i never seen none.

mrdarius said...

can you explain a little more about what choriso is? i thought it was sausage.

i hate blackened bananas so bad. my mom used to blend them in with OJ. yuck.

what does AXX mean?

Aras said...

i'll tell you the actual name tomorrow. i think it's horiso. i wrote choriso cause it seemed more english. i almost accidentally wrote "whoriso" :)

obviously, blackened banana's are gross raw, or so i assume, since i would never venture a taste of them, nor would my mother attempt to serve them raw.

banana's are liepa's favorite fruit.

I think AXX is A1 sauce times 20 in roman. Or it may be somethingto do with sexiness, since all twelve films had to do with sex and or sexuality.

mrdarius said...

well what's whoriso made of though?

This is my counter: