Tuesday, May 30, 2006

New Diet

Some of my summer clothes are a little tight (and my special lady has started rubbing my belly and asking when I'm due), so I decided to give this new stupid diet a try my colleague told me about--lose 7 kilos in 6 days: 2 days of only rice, 2 days of only boiled chicken breasts, and 2 days of only apples. The foods may be seasoned and eaten ad nauseum, just without anything else for the whole 6 days. After one rice meal, I got just one question: can the rice be pork fried? Or shrimp fried? Does that count as rice? I knew it would be murderously bland, so I added corn, thinking what's the big deal, corn can't hurt...well, it doesn't help much either.

3 comments:

Trashcan said...

Actually corn has quite a bit of sugar in it, i belive it is banned under sugar busters, certainly sweet corn is. If you are going to go through the pain and hassle of such a gooftastic diet, i would recommened doing the whole way. It would certainly suck to end up not losing any weight just cause you put some corn in.

Also i think part of the point of the diet is that you can eat as much of those things as you want, but you won't want to eat much of them plain, which is why you will lose weight.

At the end of the day, the only real way to lose weight is to use up more calories than you consume, or else shit out the extra, which i think is the idea of sugar busters, that you don't absorb all of the calories for meat/whole wheat or something like that.

Jim Gust said...

"which i think is the idea of sugar busters, that you don't absorb all of the calories for meat/whole wheat or something like that."

The idea of sugar busters is that sugar provokes a temporary insulin response, with the result that you feel hungry again in a couple hours. Removing all sugars and starches leads to ketosis, I believe, and to the cravings that cause overeating.

Aras said...

"Actually corn has quite a bit of sugar in it, i belive it is banned under sugar busters"

oh shit!

"you won't want to eat much of them plain"

yeah i somehow convinced myself i wasn't shooting myself in the foot with that...

anyway, i found out some other things about the diet that i think will nullify my efforts, but i'll post them after i've finished.

This is my counter: