Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Strikes and Gutters

The weekend was a roller coaster of good times and bad and Lokio and Liepa's Piletybės Party and Gedo Birthday. The gutters include:

  • Marčius jumping on the table and kicking the candle with all his might, resulting in hot wax on my and special lady's jeans, and her face, which I didn't realize in the dark, very lucky for Marčius
  • Somebody stealing from my room
  • Bronius committing an act so atrocious I won't mention it

The strikes include:

  • Being the last family member awake at the Party, at something like one a.m., even though it wasn't my party; the party went on for hours after that
  • A very funny bit by Aidas after he came into the sauna and accused a foreign girl of looking at him and particular parts of him like a piece of meat
  • Aidas, Lokys and me pounding a bottle of Bobelinė, then singing every Lugan song we could remember
  • Before leaving for Trakai, where Gedas had rented a cripsona on the Isle of Santarini, he helped me fill out my income tax return and my belly with goat meat, which ought to get me back a pleasant little sum, 1/3 of my university tuition from last year (next year it should be at least four times bigger, holy shit that'll be a party!)
  • Hilarious moments of Lokys and Marčius going into the water after frisbees and soccer balls, respectively, competing with Gandžius, the dog named ganja
  • Gedas laughed out loud for a long time at the gift we gave him, a hilarious t-shirt we made at Kodak
  • A fun sauna with Vantos, something like a broom made of twigs with their leaves still on dipped in hot or cold water and used to beat people in the sauna...it's like a massage
  • That was followed by running out of the sauna house, down the dock and jumping into freezing cold water...that's the best!
  • Singing lots of Lugan songs again, some of which only Lokys and Liepa and I knew
  • Donkus competing with Gandžius for who could fetch quicker; Donkus won somehow, shame on you Gandžiau
  • Me making a 3 liter white russian
  • Finally learning how to play Tūkstantis (A Thousand), which is a card game similar to Five
  • Hundred and Set Back; the endless rules to this game reek of being modified liberally by drunks players
  • Yummy Šašlikai (Shish kebobs without the vegetables)
  • Alias, a board game like Password, at which my special lady and I did exceedingly well
  • For the bus ride home I bought a bag of chips and won a free bag of chips
  • Last night I had an awesome dream about some kind of battle, me shooting people in the forest, there were at least thirty of them and they were shooting at me too but they didn't him me, I downed at least a third of them, maybe more, and then I was out of bullets, but so were they, but I still had two steak knives and they didn't, so I ran out to take them all on!
  • Liepa and I had this ridiculous conversation, but you had to be there

6 comments:

special lady said...

gaila, kad fainus savaitgalio prisiminimus temdo kai kurie ivykiai...
bet taip kazkodel ganetinai daznai buna...
anyway, man buvo smagu ir pats zinai kodel ;)

mrdarius said...

tau buvo smagu net ir po to kai tavo veidas buvo aptaskytas karstu vasku???!!

arai, i often had similar dreams while writing my work for distinction on Lithuanian guerrillas. Actually, they were more like hallucinations from not sleeping for days on end.

your weekend sounds awesome and is the type of stuff i miss about LT and about having you around. we should skype this weekend so you can tell me what bronius did.

Aras said...

yeah dariau, i'll let you know when i can, this weekend is mother's day in lt.

Trashcan said...

of course neither marcius nor bronius have any idea what they did, marcius had no recollection of it, and bronius vehemently denied any wrong doing. I hope i don't do anything that stupid on the rare occasions i drink too much. Although gintas did something very similiar to me once. That's right stirby, i'm talking to you, if you read this blog. Otherwise i'm talking about you with other people behind your back. either way when we were in the dirbt one time just sitting around, for no reason gintas takes a candle and starts pouring wax on my arms and legs. I've still got a couple wax stains on those pants. Did special lady manage to get all of the wax out of her pants?

Aras said...

i assume so. she managed to get it all out of mine.

special lady said...

dariau, karstas vaskas i veida nera tai, ko tikiesi is gero tuso :)
o sakydama, kad buvo smagu, turejau omeny tai, kad gavau proga praleist dar viena saviatgali su Aru :)

trachcan, as isvaliau kazkiek Aro dzinsus, bet uztat maniskiai vis dar laukia savo eiles :)
me so tingine :D

This is my counter: