Tuesday, November 23, 2004

And there was Saturday for a little while...

Saturday Donatas left and Juste arrived. And Cedric came back from Vilnius after having had a half liter of vodka for breakfast because he woke up first and was bored (WHAT?!?!). We had a few beers when cedric got home. When they were gone we threw darts for who would go pick up the second round from the corner store--one throw each (gedas threw twice)--and Cedric lost, so he had to go back again. He was lucky to hit the board though, he sucks at darts. Then we talked about time travel for a while. Cedric admitted that I made an excellent argument for its impossibility, barring the credibility of "back to the future," and Gedas just got pissed off about a topic that couldn't be proven without using philosophy. then we left to go get food. To eat we went to a bar called "Gedas is a Fucken Fountain of Knowledge and Can't Help Me Write Anything." The food was good and cheap--ten lits for a pork schnitzel, which I just realized is what I ate the night before also. But the waitress had no idea what was going on with the menu. "What does that mean 'American' spare ribs," I asked. Her response was "the hell do I know?!" But she was friendly/funny enough about it that I still tipped her. The food was totally good. And the bathroom was awesome. They had the sound of ocean waves playing and the whole place was lit with florecent green lights! Trippy...
On the way to meet Juste at the bus station we stopped at Onyx to say "hi" to Rita and Saidas and Jurgis, but they weren't there. So we said "hi" to the waitstaff who recognized me and Cedric as regulars and walked right out the door.

Also on the way to meet Juste we stopped at the same shop Cedric and I bought beers at last Wednesday. This time we bought, per Gedo suggestion, "something stronger." As per my suggestion it was gin. Also we bought tonic, and I dumped out one third (which angered Gedas) to make room to dump in the gin. Hey man, gin isn't to be glugged with a chaser; gin is for excellent cocktails, like martinis and such. Also gin & tonics. Whether we drink them out of fine glasses or a big plastic bottle for three guys walking down the street doesn't diminish the importance of this rule.

We were waiting for Juste at the station and she called me to say she was there too. Where? Outside. So I went outside and screamed at the tip top of my lungs "JUSTE!? JUSTE!? JUSTE!?" while walking around the building. I found her after three times and gave her some cocktail.

We went to a place I call "1994." I call it that cause that's when it was built and I don't know the actual name of the place. It was closed though. It was sad, cause I never been there and I wanted to see what it was like. I guess it's like one of those places that closes at 11pm.

Then we went to Boogie Woogie. We ordered gin & tonics, and again the waitress was clueless. This time she was not friendly at all, and was even indignant when we asked her to find out the price before we orded--no tip, which is a tip in itself: be friendier! Cedric twice ordered cooked black breadsticks with cheese, a typical hors d'oeuvre in Lithuania, especially with beer. His pronounciation was atypical however: both times he turned "keptos duonos su suriu" into "kepta duona shu shuriu!" Totally funny for the native Lithuanians and me.

After a while, for some reason Gedas shook out a little salt into everybody's drinks except his own. I decided to go into the revenge business. I took the pepper shaker when nobody was looking. I waited for the perfect moment when Gedas wasn't paying attention to hi cocktail. Then, vengence was mine: I leaned over and dumped not only ALL the pepper into his drink, but the pepper shaker as well. Then I ran away to the bathroom laughing hysterically. When I came back he said I owed him a drink, so I gave him mine and drank his. It was totally drinkable, just like Pepper Smirnoff Gin.

So I hope you've all learned a valuble lesson: an entire pepper shaker's worth of pepper is a perfectly cromulent ingredient in a gin & tonic!

1 comment:

Aras said...

Somebody did something with the salt... I thought it was Gediminas... And I thought it was pouring it into all the drinks... Somebody definately at least picked up the salt shaker...!

This is my counter: