Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving Weekend: Friday

I went to Vilnius to have Thanksgiving with my mother.

First, though, Cedric and I went out Friday night with two beauties--Juste and Simona--to a funk concert at Artistai. It was packed. The only reason we were able to get in was because ther were holding seats for us.

The music was good, but there was no room to dance. I went out to dance a few times anyway with Simona and once with Juste.

Cedric and I had one or two or six gin and tonics each. This led to three dumb things happening.
--A mix up about bills that was Cedric's fault with his imperfect English, but which made me look like an asshole cause I was the one translating his mistakes to the waitress.
--Once she brought the girls their drinks and I said with mock indignation "what about us?!" Then I looked down and saw that she had brought our drinks several minutes ago, I had mixed them myself, and already started drinking mine.
--Cedric blacked out during a conversation with Simona--who was really quite stunningly pretty--which lasted over an hour and gave me the impression that they were becoming more than friends. As it turns out, he is unable to confirm or disconfirm this impression, having no recollection of the end of the concert nor of the next bar we went to.

And then something happened that made me think: "Only in Vilnius!" I saw across the floor in the middle of the concert (It took us five minutes to cross fifteen feet towards each other) a friends from VU whom I had not seen in three years. We immediatly recognized each other and went to greet each other. Last I had seen Erin, he had disappeared without a trace for over six months and Koon was left to explain to their land lord that he has no fuckin clue where his tenent is. He's doing well now though (Erin, not Koon; well, Koon too), and I'm about to email him.

1 comment:

owner said...

Yeah, that was wonderful when Eren left for six months, especially since I had gotten him the apartment and vouched for him in the first place. The first thing Juozas asked when I told him Eren was a Turk was: (eyes narrowing suspisciously) "ar jis musulmonas...?"

I was like "as nemanau, jis gana daug geria..."

This is my counter: