Thursday, July 21, 2005

Chocolate Truffles

Yesterday I made chocolate truffles, because in How To Be a Man, Burmingham and Flinthart said something like "the effect they have on a normal woman is unbelievable."

Yup!

One: face lights up like Christmas morning and she just got everything she wanted.

Two: she's licking cocoa off my lips.

Two and a half: passionate kissing.

Three: we put the plate aside.

This is more or less the recipe I used; I didn't use salt or vanilla beans, and to chill I just left it till it hit room temperature. Since that didn't quite thicken it enough, I added powdered sugar till I could get gobs of it. Serve cold. I'm gonna leave the leftovers in the freezer for up to a month. Well, hopefully another opportunity to serve them comes up before then.

3 comments:

Aras said...

She (I. from Honolulu) hasn't figured out how to post comments on blogs yet, so I'll post her comment for her:

"Graziai parasiai, is tikruju, ir tas tai rimtas 'efektas'!"

For the anglophones, tha means "Nicely put, and for real, that 'effect' is serious!"

Aras said...

Sorry, apparently I quoted her poorly:

"nejaugi mano atsakymas skambejo taip sausai? jokie sokoladiniai triufeliai nebutu padare tokio efekto jei juos butu gamines neidomus vyras!"

Aras said...

Of course I do, Rachel. I'm not playing her for a fool, I didn't lie to her, and there wasn't any pretense. My biggest frailty is that I'm an honest man...alot of women have serious problems with that; sorry.

This is my counter: