Thursday, July 28, 2005

It's the summer of Love!

Tuesday I go to the bank. Lovely teller. I flirt profusely (remember the waitresses in Vilnius, Rachel?).

Wednesday I have to go back, and I know I'll deal with the same teller, because I arranged it thusly. I came with a grand master plan prepared to get her phone number (I actually did plan things out, involving props, and ran it by a cute colleague who approved very enthusiastically).

She wrote down her number, all smiles, asked why, and I told her because she's beautiful and smiles so much. And then:

Aras: So, when are you free?
R.: You know what? I'm already busy this weekend. Why don't I give you my friend's number?
Aras: Um...what?
R.: She works here too. She saw us talking yesterday and mentioned that she'd love to meet you!
Aras: WHAT?!
R.: Sure! You've got a gorgeous smile yourself, you know.
Aras: Looks like things are going my way...
R.: She'll be excited to hear from you...

So I walked out of the bank with two phone numbers (oh, and i'll hear about my credit card application soon, too). And then, as if my day couldn't get any better, I found bread at Maxima made of 14% bacon! It wasn't as good as I'd hoped; I hope the same doesn't go for the tellers!

3 comments:

mrdarius said...

i'll have my fingers crossed for you this weekend. hopefully her coworker isn't a dog. or a hog. although, if she was a hog, you could slaughter her and make bacon to supplement bread that is 0% bacon.

owner said...

It's gonna be so funny when your mom finds this blog. :)

Aras said...

i tell my mother everything from this blog, sarunai, except about the drinking and fighting and how gay rastenis is.

that leaves my work, the cooking and the women. i do tell her pretty much everything about the women, even more explicitly than i do on this blog. and in fact, the bank incident is going into my next letter to my grandparents, along with a photograph of the props. Grampa gets such a kick outta that shit!

and rachel, that does sound like me: convoluted angle, stupid plan. i'm not even sure i understand how that was supposed to be to my advantage. was i just making sure she knew i wasn't taken?

cashiers are usually less friendly in klaipeda than in vilnius. bar maids are the same, usually. waitresses are almost as good. the bakery here is amazing, but the staff is frigid. liquor stalls? don't remember that one...they're usually staffed by senior citizens!

This is my counter: