Thursday, July 21, 2005

That's the best when The Onion directly corrosponds to my job, since I read it every day at work anyway...

I can't wait to give this to students. Next year the British and American Course isn't being held, but it will be in 06/07, and I'll probably be the one teaching it. One of the authors I cover is Herman Melville. This is going on the exam as extra credit: identification of all the symbol rip offs!

MAN WHO LOST LEG TO WHALE DECIDES TO LET IT GO

NEW BEDFORD, MA—Sources close to 58-year-old Samuel Rahal, a commercial fishing-boat captain who lost his right leg in a great-white-whale attack last March, announced Monday that he has put the incident behind him and is getting on with his life. "The first to guess the score of next Tuesday's Red Sox game gets this golden coin!" Rahal told his crew as he nailed a Sacagawea dollar to the cabin of his trawler. "Now, let's get this boat full of haddock so we can call it an early day." Rahal said he plans to replace his custom-made whalebone prosthesis with an OrthoPro with flex-foot and hydraulic knee.

No comments:

This is my counter: