Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The year's first real bike ride

Yesterday i went on a a bike ride to Juodkrantis (Black Coast), on Neringa (Curonian Spit). I didn't know exactly how far it would be. It turned out to be 40km from the ferry and back, plus about 8km from my place to the ferry and back: 48km (30 miles). I took almost five hours. At least two hours were spend waiting for the ferries and eating some tuna noodle salad i brought with me, and reading some esseys, leaving me at a pace of 16+ km/h (10+ mph). i know that's not very fast. i used to ride more faster in boston, but this was my first time this route, so i was enjoying the scenery and being observant for the sake of caution. i was hoping to do this run often this summer, then the thing with I. happened, busy, then the Sea Festival; hopefully now I'll get going a few times a week.

There's nothing great in Juodkrantis. What I really wanna do this summer is bike to Nida (58km one way) and camp for a couple days and come back. Sirvydai, Loky, Gedai, Homo, Robi, Saidai, Jurgi, Tadai, Marijonai, Karoli, Aidai, Merginos (abejoju!) or anybody else inetersted let me know! I got a fat tent, and I've only used it twice, both times indoors!

3 comments:

mrdarius said...

I'd be interested, but squandering 2 days of my november vacation in a tent with just you in nida sounds like freezing torture. although i do love camping. and biking.

Aras said...

my sister and i do that for fun...!

if my students do it it's -1/2 (out of 10).

Aras said...

LOL!

if liepa wasn't a camp councilor in the wilderness of vermont right now she'd back me up.

This is my counter: