Friday, October 13, 2006

A Fiasco Every Morning

Yesterday I didn't eat breakfast because I had a blood test in the morning. I wanted to buy somethingt o eat on the way to work after that, cause waiting for lunch sucks, especially since lunch sucks anyway. So I walked to this kebab trunk I never tried before, with a quick stop at the old ATM. Oops. It's not my ATM anymore, it's another banks. Well, Kebabs are already not cheap, so there's no way I'm tackin a 2 buck surcharge on there. I'll just go to my regular Kebab stand with and ATM nearby.

So I get in the micro, and I'm getting hungrier and hungrier, then I get out ar this mall, Mega Plaza, to use their ATM. They're closed! WTF?! How can a mall be closed till 10a.m.? Does nobody shop in the morning? So I go to the Kebob stand and ask if they take credit card, but alas, no. So I gotta walk about a mile there and back to the next closest ATM to get this damn Kebab. If I hadn't seen the meat on the skewer I wouldn't have come back, but oh baby, that was mouth watering, plus there was a sign for free hot peppers.

That was yesterday's fiasco, here's todays: The internet hasn't been working at work, so I keep having to go to resteraunts with free wireless to work. I usually do that at the end of work, but today internet was vital to me in the morning, so I stopped at Chili Kaimas before work. I get up to the door and see they're only open at ten. WTF! Doesn't anybody eat breakfast?! So I march down to Pipita, by the station...open at ten. Fuck! WTF!! I spent a good 45 minutes walking around on the way to work looking for internet, no luck. I also happen to know that the internet cafe doesn't open till ten or eleven so even that's out.

Then when I got to work it turns out yesterday afternoon when I was at Chili Kaimas working someone finally fixed the internet already.

1 comment:

Trashcan said...

One of the most annoying things about Lietuva was the opening and closing times. Everything closes earlier than in the states, and opens later. I guess that's nice if you work at those places, but certainly sucky if you want to frequent them. I could never understand how in the middle of Vilnius, even on a friday night all the stores are closed by 10

This is my counter: