Thursday, October 19, 2006

My new favorite spice is...

Tarragon!

Life's a bitch but then you have dinner and you're like, oh man, this is awesome. And then you have desert and you're like, oh man, this is so awesome, I'm going to bed! And then you go to bed and when you wake up you're like, wow, I'm not even tired, I'm gonna sleep 8 hours every night, but then, at two p.m., you're like oh man, I'm so tired, I wish I could go home right now, how the hell did I make it to five p.m. with no problem all the time till yesterday, and how the hell am I gonna make it to 7:30 p.m. when I start my second job, and when the fuck am I gonna write my goddam master's paper, I wish I was dead.

But there is one thing I do know: a special request was made for cheeseburgers tonight, and I'm going to fulfill it, with homemade BBQ sauce. After that I bet everything will be awesome again.

6 comments:

Aras said...

i though an honors degree is a master's degree. if not, then the answer is no. in the nothern hemisphere, in the arts at least, it goes bachelor, master, doctor.

p.s. i don't see you getting through two of my cheeseburgers. i can hardly finish one, and i've never met a woman who could. my sister can eat like 1/4 of one, tops. i've got a couple good pictures of my cheeseburgers, not at work, but if you remind me i'll get you em.

owner said...

im gotta stop reading your blog when im hungry.

Trashcan said...

As i'm currently writing a senior thesis, i think i might be able to elaborate. At least at northwestern, the way it generally works is that after 4 years you graduate with a BA or BS, bachelor's degree. If you have done very well in your major, then you can apply to graduate with honors, in which case you must write an honors thesis. In most cases you don't need to write a thesis to graduate.

I am in a program that requires a senior thesis to graduate, and then based on your GPA, and the quality of thesis, you may or may not be awarded honors. Either way, you go directly from from those 4 years to master's study, whether or not you graduated with honors.

Trashcan said...

Also i love when the title of the post has nothing to do with the actual post. Do you put taragon into the hamburgers, or into something else? why did you bring up taragon?

Aras said...

i used tarragon in a sauce for chicken, and it boggled my mind how delicious it was, it was unfathomable. it sort of did have something to do with the post, because the tarragon-dijon chicken is the dinner that made me thing oh man, this is awesome!

Liepa said...

we always used to put tarragon in white wine cream sauce for everything... now that i'm in my apt. in evanston again, we lack all spices except for garlic powder and paprika...

This is my counter: