Tuesday, October 18, 2005

How stupid can you be?

Man, this Beer Pong article reminds me of yesterday with my students. They had to debate certain things for which they had prepared, and expecting several to skip class and avoid the debate (and get zeros) I had to prepare for each position myself. I should have done that before I assigned topics, because it made me realize some of the topics were preposterous, like environmentalism is stupid, and i had to argue that we don't need trees, look, this building's made of concrete, see, wood's just a luxury...

Anyway, for the sake of practice I argued the ridiculous points and they had to argue back, as if they took me seriously. How TF can these people quoted as saying stuff like "Why would alcohol companies promote games that involve drinking water? It's preposterous." make serious arguments against? Budweiser's position is obviously laughable, it's not even worth taking seriously!

Anyway, read this from the NYT, it was sent to me by a friend and drinking buddy, darius.

No comments:

This is my counter: