Friday, October 21, 2005

Sleep Problem

I realized today the amount of sleep I get doesn't have an impact on my day's first waking hour. Whether I sleep 6 hours or 10, I'll always be groggy and want more sleep for a while when I wake up. This morning I was like "Meusli? Fuck meusli. I'd rather keep sleeping." So I slept another half hour after I'd already slept nine and a half.

Yesterday I slept six hours, got up, made myself a sandwich (black bread, sliced sausage, and cheese and butter), put it in the oven and, intending to go back to my room and correct papers, went back to bed...after a half hour it was crunchy but perfectly cromulent.

The worst part is I've become to lazy to write in my dream log. Yesterday morning I was remembering this one about how I was the last guiy left at a party where we trashed the place boxing, and I went downstairs to leave and saw that the owners were back waiting for me to try to escape...might have been Mike Powers. This morning it was about a girl who murdered horses to send messeges to people in the afterlife using a weegie board, but she made it look like an acident by getting injured at the same time. This time the horse got hit by a car after jumping over a fense but then jumping back over it to avoid hitting the girl and fell on it's back.

6 comments:

Jim Gust said...

erm, "weegie" board?

did you perhaps intend to write "ouija" board, and accidentally got all of the letters wrong?

Aras said...

i had the "i"

mrdarius said...

i find that if i sleep less than 5 hours, getting up is a breeze, but after the first hour it's like spreading its normal grogginess out over the rest of the waking hours.

if i sleep more than 9 hours, same thing, minus the easy getting up part. too much sleep always makes me very groggy.

6-8 hours is ideal, except that it comes with early weariness.

Aras said...

i start look wearily at my clock when it's less than eight hours till waking time, wondering what i can skip in the morning and how soon i really have to be at work (8-9 is the acceptable range, unless i have morning meetings in another part of town; i try to arange them for 9:30 or 10, in which case i'm not going to waste time coming to work for 10-20 minutes and leaving).

mrdarius said...

i love looking at my new alarm clock. its face has the standard, red, digital display, but each digit is 6 inches tall. This $15 clock has potentially saved me thousands of dollars worth of eye surgery. i always thought it would be the bomb to get laser surgery so i could see the clock in the middle of the night or in the morning without having to find my glasses or getting right up in the clock's face. now, all i have to do is open my eyes....which is challenge enough.

Aras said...

that's sound like an amzaing clock. i can never see mine either, but that's cause i always put a book down or something and forget it's blocking the clock on my desk.

This is my counter: