Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Phone Bill

I got my first phone bill since finally sibscribing to Tele2 after a year of just filling up from scratch off cards. The Result (drum roll): 58.62

That's double what I expected :( but I hadn't included PVM, which is bull shit. Luxury taxes on something everyone has? That doesn't make sense. Without the PVM (18%) it would only be 49.68.

That's still actually more than double my exact calculation, which was about 22 lits. Apparently, I write twice as many SMS as a thought (I feared as much): 282 in one month, about ten per day. Most of them are from being bored on a bus and writing thirty in three hours.

That makes up 28.88, leaving 11 calls to Tele2 (4.25), 12 calls outside Tele2 (11.85), and one call to Darius in NY (4.70).

So I've got to see if I can stop calling people. I have to call cabs and people that I've got to meet right away, but that's 25% of my calls. What I've determined to do is to never ever use my phone for business. I've never done that much, but I have done it more than I ought to.

I wonder if this is more expensive than filling up from scratch off cards...I did get a four hundred lit phone for 19 lits, so I guess I gotta keep that in mind.

Note on the phone: it has a build in calandar which is useful for reminding myself of meetings and phonecalls and birthdays...however, i may have been more comfotable not knowing/caring about birthdays...i don't care about my own, so hey, whatever! Tomorrow is my friend's birthday, of which I've been reminded weveral times by my phone, but this morning when I woke up and was groggy I thought it was yesterday, and I was lying in bed debating whether or not it was too late to call and say happy birthday!

No comments:

This is my counter: