Thursday, October 20, 2005

Won't anybody please think of the children?

I will! Did you know they don't even have beirut over here?! Students just like, sit around drinking for no reason! This caused me to thing to myself, "WTF?" But what am I gonna do about it? Well, today I gave them this article to read from the NYT, it was sent to me by a friend and beirut partner, darius "das boot" razgiukas. Hopefully this will give them some ideas without me being directly resposible.

We read part of it in class, which was fun, and funny, because I was getting sort of emotional. I didn't tell them I used to play this game all the time, but they probably guessed after I explained what "World Series" means and then said "so now they're having a World Series of Beer Pong, and here I am all the way over in Lithuania." I didn't cry or anything, because men don't cry from pain or disappointment, but who could miss the vanquishment in my voice?

3 comments:

mrdarius said...

http://www.jointogether.org/sa/news/summaries/reader/0%2C1854%2C578471%2C00.html

mrdarius said...

this is the best part of the story at that link is a Busch rep saying:

"It has come to our attention that despite our explicit guidelines, there may have been instances where this promotion was not carried out in the manner it was intended."

May have been instances. HA! lol.

I believe that according to the last story, those "guidelines" were that the game was supposed to be played using water!!! It's called BEER pong. Not milk pong...although that gives me a Russian idea.

Liepa said...

mmmmmmmmm i like where this russian idea is going.....

This is my counter: