Monday, January 09, 2006

Requiem for a Gym

Last night on my beloved laptop I watched Requiem for a Dream for the first time. Man, that's one brutal movie. I had the lights off. Half way through I started feeling like maybe I'm dreaming, where am I, is this real?

Before I watched it I asked Liepa if she'd like to bring it to Vilnius next time I come, and now I understand her answer: "NO! After I saw it the first time I was depressed for days!" She's just dramatic, though; you should still see it. (shudder)

Oh, and here's a good idea for after the holidays: don't go to the gym. If you do, don't get on the scale! It's been about four five weeks since I've been to the gym and weighed myself, and in that time I've gained seven pounds! Holy shit! If I was five years younger I would find that amusing, but not anymore. And I've got the busiest few weeks of my life coming up, so gym time will be at a minimum for a while yet.

6 comments:

mrdarius said...

i only gained three for the holidays and am heading back to my regular 5 days-a-week schedule today. huzzah!

as for requiem...that is a terrifying movie for sure. especially halfway through. after the fridge attacks the grandma. holy s. very disturbing. it goes to a whole new level from there on out.

Aras said...

yeah, the weird thing is about such tragic drug movies (blow, trainspotting, fear and loathing, etc.) is that that instead of detering me, they make me want to try the drugs!

it's like in arrested development:

"when i was a therapist a lot of my patients tried open marriages to rekindle their romance."

"wow, did that really work?"

"oh, no, never! they always seem to think it can work for them, but it never does...but maybe it could work for us!"

Trashcan said...

I believe he said "people always delude themselves into thinking it can work for them... But maybe it could work for us"

I only mention it because i think the use of the word delude makes it much more funny

Liepa said...

after seeing requiem for a dream, i think i stayed in my room with all the lights off for a couple of days.

does that mean i shouldn't see trainspotting? i've been meaning to see that for a long time now! i'm gonna pay 35 litai to become a member at the british council in vilnius and be able to take out all their dvds for free :)

p.s. i think your new diet of grilled cheeses is just the solution! :D i'm still gonna check the other maxima to see if they have any left so we can have a sandwich maker in riese too...

Aras said...

you should definately see trainspotting, it's a cross between requiem and snatch, i guess, though i guess i only guess that cause they're both in great britain. i'll totally watch trainspotting with you next time in vilnius if you get it from the british boob association or whatever!

Bonnie Conquest said...

trainspotting is ok, whatever.
british council worth joining for random books, cds, movies and very nice toilets when you're busting in vilnius.

This is my counter: