Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Super Birthday

Maybe the best ever. Here's what happened:
  • I got a birthday sms from my special lady.
  • I got card and chocolate bar from Klaipeda Hotel, to the club of which, Honolulu, I have a discount card.
  • I got a card, thoughtful wishes, and a bottle of some kind of novelty polish liquor, from my office mates
  • I got a plant and map of "the american world," (e.g. south america is "coffee and cocain," canada is "mooseheads," et cetera) from other colleagues, i.e. the young single women
  • I got a ocketzides, i mean, pocketsized notebook with pen from my master's classmates (presumably ideal for cheatsheets...this whole nation is jam packeted, i mean, packed with cheaters)
  • I got a call from Lokys and Liepa, and took a shot with each of them. Theirs was plain vodka, mine was hot pepper vodka from russia, which was very hot indeed.
  • I got a call from Juste, Aurimas, Gedas, and somebody else, possibly Bronius, which was nice.
  • I went out to dinner with my special lady. I ate a peppersteak, medium rare, which is what I always eat and always at the same place when I go out to dinner in Klaipeda--The Black Cat's Tavern II. She ate almost half a portion of Kepta Duona (an appetizer); she said she was nervous cause she hadn't been able to find anything to wear, although she looked absolutely stunning, unbelievably so, I couldn't take my eyes off her.
  • After this she suggested we walk home. This is an hour walk in ~ -25° C (-13° F) weather, not counting the wind chill factor, right next to the sea! How can I say no to a girl, though? So we start doing this thing, freezing my balls off, pretending I'm not cold at all, until half way home she suggests calling a cab if I want to, and I say we can if she wants to, and we'd both love to call a cab but we can't decide who caved in, so we don't. Finally I decided to just be a man and cave in. I freezed my damn hand off making the phone call (two thumbs up on the gloves, Tete).

3 comments:

Liepa said...

your special lady is cahraaaaaaaaazzy for wanting to be outside for more than 5 minutes... i complained to karolis about how cold i was during the 1 minute walk between cili kaimas (on gedimino) and prospekto pubas!

let me know when you plan on a vilnius vist for more belated celebration!

mrdarius said...

let me know when you're in NYC for a belated celebration. i'm guessing this won't be till lisa's wedding, so in that case we'll have 2 things to celebrate. by the way, this week's onion is superb! (that's my present).

Aras said...

thanks giedre, but...

"We're sorry but the page you requested cannot be found. If you feel as if you've reached this page in error, please feel free to contact us at feedback@ifilm.com"

This is my counter: