Sunday, January 29, 2006

Torture

Ever been head over heels? I am head over heels. And it's only been a week.

Put two and two together? H.O.H. + O.B.1W. = spending every possible minute together, and each impossible minute writing each other sms.

Yesterday she took off back to Vilnius, and yesterday my phone went insane, turning on and off, shooting through the menus of its own accord--it's on the blitz. I wasn't able to use it for several hours.

Those hours were torture.

I saw an sms, ooo I hope it's from her! I was able to open my inbox and see that it was from her--huzzah! "Opening messege..." this always takes forever, but this time it ended not with the opening of the sms but the begining of the crazy cell phone insanity--oh my God!

Oh man, I wish I was reading that sms...dammit...I turn my phone off, take out the battery and sim card, brush them off, and turn it back on again. I did this over and over again, about 35 thousand times, until on the way to the cell phone store I was able to work the phone long enough to read the sms, I was finally able to read it, YEAH! Hoorah! What a sweet sms...let's write a good one back now...oh, no, God NO!

The phone went back on the blitz before I was able to write back, so now I'm considering what would be more torturous: knowing you got an sms you were waiting for but not being able to read it (my former situation), or not getting one you were waiting for at all (her situation).

Not only was I unable to get in touch, not only was I deperately unfulfulling in my wish to make her smile as broadly as I just had, but this was the most crucial moment to be in touch. This is the moment where a clever woman (she is a very clever woman) would say to herself "well, ok, let's see how attentive this bozo is when he can't see/touch me..."

My torture was mitigated by finally getting a call through to explain my perdicament...Thank GOD!

1 comment:

Trashcan said...

I think the torture is worse not being able to send the message, because if you just didn't get one, then you can rationalize it by thinking that the person has some reason why they can't write to you, for example, mama would assume you were dead, and would start planning out your funeral. On the other hand, if you can't send a message, you know exactly what's going on, and you feel completely responcible for the problem.

This is my counter: