Friday, August 05, 2005

Complaining always works, and WOW sucked

Another complaint I made last week:

I went to one of my favorite clubs, Memelis, and there's tables on the dance floor (there's a real lack of competence in the management here). I went to the bar and asked G. (cute but a little mean looking) why it's so empty:

G.: It's early yet.
Me: You think so? Where are they going to dance?
G.: There's still room for dancing.
Me: Where?
G.: There!
(The room she's talking about is so small between tables it's really just a walkway)
Me: Nobody understand that area's for dancing, and nobody will, G.
G.: I know...I've already complained.
Me: Pass on my complaint too please, would you G.?
G.: (Smiles and nods)

Last night I went back to check and the tables are gone! Unfortunately, I think everybody else who went last week figured Memelis is beat for the summer, so it was still only half full last night, mostely tourists.

And War of the Worlds, the film, sucked. Besides not making any sense (e.g. the martians came here to bury the tripods a million years ago, and are only coming to use them now? why didn't they take over the planet then?), the film also skipped the entire moral of the story, which was the reason Wells wrote the book, which you can get by reading the last chapter of War of the Worlds, by H. G. Wells

No comments:

This is my counter: