Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Looking for some privacy? Go to the Nude beach!

Yesterday afternoon I finally dared to hike out to the nude beach. I say hike because it's a hike! Immediately when you get to Smiltyne, across the Curonian Lagoon, the women's beach is to the right, general beach to the left. The general beach goes on for a few miles. Then there's the men's beach. And only after that is the coed nude beach.

There was almost nobody there. And the few people that were there were hiding behind bushes. I'm not sure if it was because of modesty or the cold; the wind was blowing so hard and the sun was behind clouds, mostely, so much that even I planted myself behind some bushes, ate some salad and hunter's sausage, read some Solzhenitsyn, took a nap wearing my sweatshirt but no pants, and took off at 5:30. The weather looks better today, though, hopefully I can get a little color on my cheeks.

2 comments:

mrdarius said...

i've always found the wind in nida to be too blustery to enjoy the beach out in the open.

did you engage in sexual acts on the nude beach?

Aras said...

the place for sex on the beach is behind the beach a little bit, where there's vegatation to cushion your bodies and keep sand out of them; either way it's certainly not romantic.....or so i've heard

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich is the Solzhenitsyn, the first one i've started reading of his.

This is my counter: