Saturday, August 06, 2005

What could be more appropriate for his 18th birthday?

Last night Sirvydas and I went to town in Vilnius. We met Gedas and Juste, and after a beer at Seth we went up to Gedimino Pilis (Castle) with some cocktails. That was fun. Then we went to meet Aidas and Kristina and these two brits, Alex and Smoggy, at Aido place. After a few drinks we took off. The brits had been in Lithuania for a week without seeing any naked Lithuanians, so Kristina suggested we go to a nudy bar.

None of us had been to one (one currently open in Vilnius) but Aidas knew of one for some reason...and somehow it was only 20 lits to get in. The ones you get flyers about on the street are all 80.

We went in and got a table kinda far from stage. The dancers walked all around, though, doing lap dances. Kristina, clever as always, suggested we start yelling in English. Aidas starts yelling "We Love Lithuania!" and I joined in. This one comes over and gives me a lap dance, and I slipped her ten lits, but only after a good long time ;)

Then I was out of money, but Aidas reminded me that I had 1000 Byelorussian Rubels on me, about 30 cents US. Note: in the US people use dollars, but in Europe the smallest denominations are usually 10-notes (ten litas = about 3.50USD), so this grand I have in my pocket is almost worthless.

But I agreed to use it on one, which is funny enough that Aidas and Kristina start shouting for a dancer to come over (I think they might be my Guardian Angels, or maybe just Kristina is and Aidas is my Guardian Devil, but they've teamed up for some reason). I'm waving the bill around folded up and sure enough one comes over, and dances even longer than the first one, and I make sure to slip the bill in the back where she won't see it until she goes to the locker room or whatever.

Aidas: Let's get your brother a dance!
Me: He's got no money left, and neither do I now!
Aidas: it doesn't matter!
Me: Oh yeah, right!

There's no set cost here, getting a lap dance is like sittine next to the stage, you just give 'em money as long as you want to. So Aidas, Kristina and I start yelling for one to come over and pointing at Sirvydas and within a minute the boy, whose 18th birthday was last week, was getting his first lap dance. It was quite a sight: he was the most attentive I've ever seen him in my life, no blinking!

3 comments:

Bonnie Conquest said...

Darlin', glad you recovered from your food poisoning :)

mrdarius said...

You guys weren't accosted by a stilhetto-heeled exotic dancer afterwards,were you?

Aras said...

no, we were accosted by midgets dressed as bountyhunters juggling thermal detonators.

This is my counter: