Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Long Nida Weekend

Well, this was fun, but not really especially eventful, let's see:

Thursday Sirvydas, Gedas, Juste, and Dorota, from Poland, took the train to Klaipeda, went out for Kebabs and Clubs, and went to bed. Gedas came into mine and Sirvydo room after about five minutes, cause he still felt like talking about something or other, and the three of us chatted till about six in the morning. The only thing I remember is explaining of egoism/individuality is a good thing.

Friday Sirvydas rented a bike and he, Gedas, and I trekked out to Nida, 56km/35 miles. That was fun, even though the weather was overcast and drizzled a couple times for a little while. Then out to dinner (Turkey fingers for me, yum) and then off to the light house to drink and tell dirty jokes. Funnier than any of them was when Juste accidentally said "perlupsiu" instead of "pertauksiu." She meant to say "excuse me, i'm going to interupt you," but said instead "excuse me, i'm going to whip the shit out of you."

Saturday Sirvydas and I woke up early and went to the nude beach. We played Naked Frisbie and jumped into the water and came back, cause it was cold and windy. Breakfast and a nap, the best nap ever, incidentally, and then...dinner, I guess (the best Saltibarsciai and Potato Pancakes with Meat and Mushroom sauce ever), and then more of the same as last night, with Aurimas, Laura, and Egle, except with Sirvydas and me leading the conversation for a great chunk of time, because Laura is a camp counceller here, and she was curious about Neringa, and once we got started, forget about it.

Sunday off to the dunes and the home of Thomas Mann, where we remenisced for an hour about the Simpsons. Then off to dinner again (chicken salad) and then back home for some wine. There was a concert/party going on but we were beat. The highlight of that was when Juste asked Aurimas if his twin siblings are the same age.

Monday Sirvydas had a cold, so he gave his rented bike to Aurimas to bring back, so he and Gedas and I rode home, this time in amazing, perfect weather. In the end we went to seperate ports, Gedas and I both claim that the other caused the misunderstanding, the result being that Aurimas didn't have time to ride the bike to my place, so we both had to ride to the station. So they all leave on the train, and I'm stuck with two bikes. I tried riding one and holding the other, no go. So I left one with a cop at his post, which made me nervous, but I had little choice; there was no place around with cameras. So with my two trips home with the bikes I ended up riding about 70+ km yesterday/45 miles.

2 comments:

mrdarius said...

how was thomas mann's place? i don't know who he was off the top of my head, and i'm too lazy to do a search now.

sounds like an excellent weekend. i miss my bike (the one that i had for about 6 months (4 of them winter) before it got stolen). sucks to be my bike.

if i biked 45 miles from my home, i could get to:
-Bear Mountain
-Westport, CT
-past Huntington, Long Island
-Jones Beach

Cool.

I need to go get me a bike.

Aras said...

thomas mann's place was closed, as always. people tell me it's open sometimes, but i don't believe it. just like i don't believe in the frank zappa statue in vilnius. everybody know somebody who's seen it. some people even claim to have seen it. yeah sure buddy, ya wanker.

This is my counter: