Monday, August 22, 2005

For Christ's sake, was I ever so retarded?

Last night my youngest brother, Sirvydas, came back from Kaimas with this girl. They've got wine and stuff, looks like a romantic evening. They put on a cd, and they both start singing. I don't know if they were drunk already or something, but they only drank the one bottle of wine and they were both singing loud, especially the girl, and especially Sirvydas. This is the only person I know who sings worse than I do.

I'm tone deaf. I sing anyway for fun, and to make fun of my own terrible singing. I sometimes will even do it in a romantic setting, but just to get a laugh, 20 seconds are more than enough. They just kept singing and singing and singing. She was normal. He wasn't. I...I just couldn't believe it...I have to embrace the conclusion that he's very lucky they already knew each other, because if that wouldn't be first date suicide...I must be playing by the wrong rules...

I had to go upstairs before I was tired just cause I couldn't take it anymore, even though we were three rooms apart!

1 comment:

Aras said...

haven't you been reading my blog? half my tales are of crazy dates! if you want the ultra crazy version you'll have to come to klaipeda.

okay, now that you mention it, here's one i never posted, and it's right on point: first date suicide...

we go back to my place, and i'd just gotten back to klaipeda from a trip somewhere. when i'd packed i'd been in a rush, so my room was trashed, and i hadn't had time to clean my room before going out (this was the last time i allowed this to happen). she comes in and sees the tremendous mess, and is like "how can you live like this?!" i was unable to assuage her.

the bitter-sweet result was no instant (well, not it's not exactly instant) gratification, but i did learn a valuble lesson: i clean my room now before going out to town.

This is my counter: