Thursday, March 23, 2006

I hope this is just because of how extrememly good looking I am

Lately more strangers have started addressing me in English, like waitresses or people at the gym. I thought, wtf, has my accent gotten worse? So I says to my special lady, I says, "wtf bizzatch, you were sposed ta have a good influence on my goddam language skills!" And my special lady then, she says "Shoot the fook up, ya bloody raising tart, I dinna fookin da yarball!" She's Lithuanian-Scottish, did I mention that?

So then yesterday evening I'm in line at Media (grocery store), and I get up to the register not having said a word, and the cashier's like "Hello," and I just chuckle, and then she's like "Ten seventy-one please," and I'm like, "Atsiprasau, ar galima paklausti kodel visi mano, kad as uzsienietis?!" And then she cracks up out of embarrasment and apologizes and says she can't exactly even put her finger on it.

So I assume it's my better than average looks, my trim beard (i think it might be metrosexual), my wardrobe being mostely foreign, and my plastic rimmed glasses. And then my accent, but that's only after I open my pie hole.

3 comments:

Aras said...

they've started doing that now, at least most places, at least for me. and iki doesn't even have the spot anymore for the change, so they have to always do that for everybody.

i've been waiting for somebody to refuse to put it in my hand for some months now, i'm gonna tell her my fingeres don't work cause i've got bonitis.

special lady said...

Lithuanian-Scottish???
WTF??? :D

mrdarius said...

wow, that's almost as bad as this one.

This is my counter: