Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My Comedy Rip Offs

Whenever I recall a good joke in the middle of a lecture I try to work it in, but it's never worked as well as today. We were talking about the best literature I've ever read, Franny % Zooey by J. D. Salinger, in which a man pretends that a letter which is very dear to him is actually not memorable. This is odd, isn't it? That's how I always start off, if something's odd, that means we can interpret it. Don't people usually make a big deal about getting letters, not the opposite? And then I remembered a really great comedy bit by Kevin James (Sweat the Small Stuff), and I went on to totally rip it off, the bit about how men get cards but they don't read them, just pretend to be excited about them and then open them and try to decide how long it would take to read them, and when they should stick in a nod...and if you're a man make sure you don't leave a receipt in the car that says "greeting card"..."snickers bar"...she'll be pissed about that!

2 comments:

Liepa said...

"User Comments: You Might Stop Eating Pizza After This Show"

what does htat mean?

Aras said...

i dinna ken. i don't remember the whole bit. although one review mentions the greeting card ballet in particular, so it's possible that's the one memorable part. though i think it was all funny...

i've got a big hole in my memory...i remember learning to ride a bike...and then it's blank up till right now.

This is my counter: