Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sweden Part C

Then Friday was workshop day. We had a couple workshops, the notes of which should be published in the future (I still have to type mine up because they're indecipherable, everybody thought we were only going to present them orally). I'll add them to this post or another post too. It was very interesting, the first one anyway. The working group was half made up of people I'd already talked with quite a bit, including a Hungarian dude with whom I wrote a bi-lateral, a lovely Turk with whom I also wrote one, a passionate Austrian, a talkative Portuguese doctor and a thought Finnish Canadian. The topic was preparing teachers for global classrooms, and it was a fun discussion, I was disappointed we had to cut it off after an hour and a half. The next Workshop was less intersting.

That afternoon was the least interesting ever. The least important speakers always get bumped to Friday afternoon, when nobody feels like listening anymore, which reinforces the lack of enthusiasm. The last guy droned on about like who his wife was or something for like five minutes, at which point I decided to take a bathroom break for about an hour. I went back with five minutes left to make sure I didn't miss anything, and saw that about half the hall had opted likewise.

No comments:

This is my counter: