Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One of those days?

I go upstairs to work with better wireless than we gots on the first floor, and the girl whose office i'm in gets invited to something clandestine... "hey! come on! you gotta come, we're gonna...um..you know...get those books ready for you..." reply: "Uuh, yeah, I know what you mean, I'll be there..."

i don't know why i was kept out of the loop, but so i dip in there to give the girl her office key, and low and behold 20 women boozing and snacking, and i tried to just dip out and let em shoot whatever secret shit they're shooting, but you know this situation...there's no way they're letting their only male colleague go after he's made an appearance...

it was a birthday, and i could accept champagne and refuse brandy only so many times, wtf? so i got half drunk, and than this bitch from the bank calls me for like the tenth time to offer me a presentation about savings options, and finally i'm like alright, i can come to day at five thirty, and she's like how about earlier, and i'm like no way, i've got a job [slurp my brandy], i got work to do.

so then i leave and as soon as i get back to my own desk my reminder goes off on my cell phone, i got to go to university to get my equivalency degree requirements arranged! and i say to my colleague "shit, i'm half drunk and now i gotta go do this?!" and she's like "whatever, just tell them it was somebod's birthday, you're a human being..."

so i go do that, no problem, except i was sweating cause i just marched there, cause i'm a friggen soldier-kabob. but then i'm done in like 7 minutes, so then i actually could have been to the bank much earlier, but i didn't know how to get back in touch with the bitch from the bank, who actually sounds like a perfectly doable young woman (time to get my groove on and hit those low interest rates), so now i came to Kurpiai to kill a half hour on the interest, i mean, internet, before my meeting. wish me luck getting a mortgage or whatever they're gonna give me!

2 comments:

mrdarius said...

don't savings involve wanting higher rates, not lower?

Aras said...

it's never appropraite to take more than you deserve, even if somebody offers it.

just kidding. dude, i was drunk. i wrote savings but then i started thinking about mortgages, and we did in fact talk about that too. it turns out my friends are stupid, and the system here is in fact much more like the american one regarding mortgages than my friends guaranteed!

This is my counter: