Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Always Ask!

One of my colleagues today told me I have to redo some work I did, basically just move around a bunch of figures from some columns to other columns, because the college is switching to a different report form. I just did it a three weeks ago the way, so I said whoever chose to change the form can do it herself, I already did that once. They said, it doesn't matter, you gotta redo alot of things in this life. I said that's nonsense.

Then I went to talk to the person in charge of these reports, turns out I was right. That new format is only for departments that haven't alread handed in their reports yet.

Moral of the story is, if you waste your time because of a mistaken colleagues, it's often your own fault for not going over her head.

1 comment:

Trashcan said...

I believe heinlein said "progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." It makes it clearer how someone likes aras can be so succesful.

This is my counter: