Thursday, November 22, 2007

Spicy Porkchop Paradise

We have this favorite rentaurant, Neringa, my special lady and I. It's not spectacular, but it is really good and close to home and reasonably priced. We always get the same thing: pork schnitzel and wild mushroom sauce for her, and a porkchop with jalapeno sauce for me. Ten times we been there, and we always get those dishes, they're so good. When I noticed an inconsistent jalapeno appropriation, I started telling the waitress each time to feel free to be generous with the jalapenos, I like it spicy. Since then I always get plenty. Last night though, when we went, I almost got more than I bargained for: there were jalapeno slices litterallly piled onto my pork chop. The "sauce" was mainly the peppers, not something more saucy. They were so piled onto the chop that they were overflowing onto the potatos. It was spicier than I thought it should be, even so, and towards the end I saw that the chef had mixed in a stub of piri piri too: awesome! My nose was running, I was sluggin beer back: perfect.

No comments:

This is my counter: