Monday, November 12, 2007

Cool (as a Cucumber)

That my new name for this cocktail I learned about from Lokys. Take five shots worth of gin, soak one cucumber sliced lengthwise in it for 24 hours, and mix in tonic at three to one and add some ice. Good for five cocktails.

It's amazingly cucumbery. And if you're too lazy to go make yourself another, you can just eat the gin soaked cucumber you used for garnish. Plus, I think it counts as a vegetable, so you can have less vegies at dinner and your mother can't yell at you, you just point to your drink, and smile, and she'll say, touche. It's the healthiest cocktail since bloody mary came to town!

4 comments:

Liepa said...

what about a cucumber melon combo? maybe throw in some strawberries... then we can serve a deliciously dangerous fruit salad ;)

Trashcan said...

So i take it, it was enjoyable. There was only a small amount to taste, I haven't made it myself yet because i haven't really been doing that much drinking. At least not the kind of drinking where i could plan ahead of time to make such a cocktail. I did have some eggnog and rum yesterday though, and that was delicious.

Aras said...

was it home made eggnog? cause anything else is not delicious. it easily worth the time and energy!

mrdarius said...

Barf! Although, I HAVE had a cucumber slice added to a beer before and didn't puke immediately...

This is my counter: