Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Honoring People by Eating Their Food

Yesterday was Zorobra, a New Mexican holiday celebrating when the Spanish conquered them. Sounds like a bit of a bizarre thing to celebrate. The day the Soviets conquered Lithuania is a day of mourning, not a holiday. Irregardless of the bizarrity, we celebrated along with them, though not in the traditional way (torching a fifty foot effigy; we do that during Marti Gras instead). We showed solidarity with the New Mexicans by eating new Mexican Sandwiches, which were quite tasty indeed. I must not eat enough beans, because every time I do eat them I enjoy them heartily.

Once again, there were no pinto beans at Iki, though they are available in Lithuania. What's up with the lack of variety in beans here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irregardless

Duuuuuude, since when do English professors use double negatives?

Aras said...

Only as a joke, Duuuuuude!

Anonymous said...

Okay for sure, I just find it amusing with all of my friends who live overseas for extended periods that their English is inserted with funny words here and there. Trust me, the same thing happens to me after I've done a batch of translating, I just mangle everything.

This is my counter: